“When you buy local you support schools, police and fire departments. When you shop small, the bulk of the money you spend and most of your taxes stay local — helping schools, paving streets, keeping you safe. According to the research firm Civic Economics, for every $100 you spend: In a local small business, $68 stays in your community. At a local branch of a chain store, $43 remains. Online, virtually no money stays local” – USA Today
Shopping local makes your property value increase. Vibrant towns with strong shopping is considered an advantage when selling a home and the businesses help make your property more valuable.
When you shop local, you are supporting a dream. You’re helping a little boy or girl get a baseball jersey. You’re helping a mother put food on the table. Love where you live. Support Local.
TOP REASONS TO BUY LOCAL
- Dollars you spend locally support vital public services in our town.
- Keeps our community unique.
- You can grow a relationship with your local merchant. They get to know you and can cater to your preferences.
- Local merchants care about and invest in your community. They donate part of your dollars back in to local groups and charities.
- Your local purchases support local jobs.
- When you shop at one local merchant, you support a whole list of other businesses.
- Local Shops are more accessible for everyone.
- You save money by shopping at home. You drive less and save time.
- You can reduce your environmental impact.
- Your purchases help the town attract new entrepreneurs. Towns that preserve their one-of-a-kind business and distinctive character are more successful in recruiting.
“Small businesses are the heartbeat of your neighborhood, the spine of your local economy, & spirit of your town.” -Unknown
Brought to you by
Cimarron, Kansas Chamber of Commerce
Join the Campaign and help spread the word!